Friday, June 19, 2009

Rice Krispies Treats

This was my first attempt at making these. I made them with my mom once but I was probably about 7 or 8. I don't think begging to lick the spoon while she did all the work really counts as making them lol! Its actually really simple. I got some help from the hubby when I need to scrap the contents from the pan and into the square dish. My biggest tip...COOKING SPRAY!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF COOKING SPRAY!! So, how did I make 'em?


Sprayed a 4-quart pan with cooking spray

Melted 1/4 cup (half of a stick) of butter

Added 5 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows



Cooked on low, stirring constantly until they were smooth



Removed from heat

Added 5 1/2 cups of Krispie Rice cereal (any brand)

Stirred until well coated



Sprayed 9x9 pan with cooking spray

Poured mix into pan



*STOP* go to the sink and wash your hands well!

Sprayed hands with cooking spray (lol, i know, but it works!)

Press mix firmly into pan

Let cool



Cut them into squares!





YUMMY!! Eat Up!

No comments: